Welcome to the LV Sportz Foundation!
Helping Southern Nevada Youth
GET IN THE GAME, ENJOY THE GAME, STAY IN THE GAME!
Help Southern Nevada Youth Get Active and Stay Active in Sports;
Help Parents & Coaches to Provide Athletes a Fun & Positive Experience;
Help Spread Awareness and Prevention of Youth Sports Safety Issues;
Provide an Outlet of Information on Everything Youth Sports in Southern Nevada!
We are a multifaceted Nevada Not-For-Profit organization that is dedicated to improving all aspects of youth sports in the Southern Nevada area. Founded in March of 2012, we are quickly leading the way to a more Positive and Safe Sports experience for our local children, increasing access to sports related activity and helping to secure the future of our community through our children today!
Our Foundation was created with overall major goal to increase the awareness and prevention of sports related safety issues plus so much more. We want to decrease the number of injuries and/or deaths attributive to these safety issues, increase access to sports related activity and increase the positive experiences of our local youth in sports.
We are implementing several amazing free or low-cost programs that are geared towards teaching coaches, parents and children on the recognition and prevention of all safety issues, not just one or two while putting perspective back on the primary benefits of sports related activity.
All our programs are free or of low-cost to participating children. Some are specifically geared towards at-risk or disadvantaged youth but are they are always open to ALL YOUTH across Southern Nevada.
We are not a league or team, rather we are a place where parents, athletes and coaches can go to for Assistance & Information... By not tying ourselves to just one league, team or sport our programs are setup to help the most number of kids in our community thus pushing the benefit of donations and sponsorships we receive even further. Add in alliances with other youth based non-profits with other focus points and we have a Win-Win for our entire community!
We also strive to provide unparralled access to information on the local happenings and accomplishments from within the local sports community!
To find out how the LV Sportz Foundation benefits you, please see below and CLICK HERE to read a Message From Our Founder on Why Youth Sports is Important for Our Children & How it Impacts Our Entire Community.
Helping Local Youth in the Game:
There are many benefits to sports at an early age that can help to pave a child's way to success in the future as an adult. The first step is getting them active and keeping them active in sports:
- Provide a single most reliable source of information on local youth sports happenings to provide easier access to sports leagues, teams, registrations, tryouts and camps & clinics.
- We provide and/or partner with Free youth sports related events like camps and clinics to increase our local youths chance of being able to experience a wide variety of sports whether it be for the first time or a possible additional sport choice and to also help in advance or tune the skills of already established athletes.
- We also provide registration and equipment assistance to at-risk youth and youth from families struggling through financial difficulties so that they don't miss out on learning core life values and physical activity.
- Our Spark! Youth Sports Development Program to ensure our kids have proper introduction to various sports and proper sports development.
Helping Local Youth Enjoy the Game:
The second step is making sure that they have a fun and positive experience. Ensuring that they not only learn the skills at a particular sport but that they also learn core life skills in a safe, fun and positive experience can help to shape our community's future. It takes everyone that is involved with youth sports whether it's the coaches, the parents and even the athletes themselves to reach this goal. To help them in reaching this goal we:
- Provide parents, coaches and athletes with the necessary information on the benefits of organized sports and how to properly introduce them to sports and develop overall athletes so they can get the most out of their experience.
- Provide a unique youth sports coach and organization program to help give organizations the tools they need to teach our children in both their sport and life while giving parents a piece of mind. Ensure they have or provide screening, training and/or certification of youth sports coaches. This includes up to date background checks at least every two years; training and certification in CPR, AED, Basic First Aid every two years; Instruction in coaching youth, mentoring youth and positive coaching; Training in the awareness of and the recognition and prevention of sports safety issues; Reporting and non-biased reviews and discipline for coaches bad behavior.
- Provide Incentives for Youth Sports Coaches & Athletes to be their best on and off the field through awards and recognition of accomplishments.
Helping Local Youth Stay in the Game:
The last and probably the most important step is making sure they stay in the game. From Overuse Injuries to Bullying, there are a number of safety issues facing our youth not just in sports but everyday life. Our mission is to help give parents, coaches and athletes the proper tools to recognize and hopefully prevent these issues from happening or letting them get worse.
- Provide positive and safe sports (PASS) training to parents and their children. Training to include: CPR/AED training for parents and youth ages 10 and older; the awareness of and recognition and prevention of sports safety issues; Positive Sports Parenting for parents; Positive Athlete tips for children.
- Provide Leagues & Teams Access to Automated External Defibrillators (AED’s). Through affordable and hassle free means.
- Work with local Medical Professionals to Provide Affordable Pre-Participation Physicals. To include: complete child and family medical history; Baseline ImPACT testing; ECG; and Limited Echocardiogram or MRI’s of the heart.
CLICK HERE TO READ A MESSAGE FROM THE FOUNDER
Who We Are:
We are comprised of a diverse group of dedicated volunteers that is made up from local parents, coaches, teachers, current/former athletes, business leaders and community leaders who all strive for a more Positive and Safe Sports experience for our local children!
Click Here to Find Out How You Can Get Involved by Either Donating/Sponsoring Us and Our Programs or How to Volunteer!