We have or in the process of implementing several programs to help our local youth Get in the Game, Enjoy the Game and Stay in the Game. Whether your child is just getting started in youth sports or is already an established youth athlete, we have several options for Children, Parents and Coaches.
Our philosophy at The LV Sportz Foundation is that a positive youth sports experience can help to form a child's core values from an early age. Those core values can often impact their future success: Commitment, discipline, work ethic, teamwork, time management, communication, leadership and physical fitness are just eight of the many proven vital life skill areas that are the most important and significant impacts of youth sports participation that children will carry with them into their adult lives. However, unless those core values are taught from coaches and leagues who believe in these same values their experience can result in the opposite effect.
We have created several programs to ensure that every child is afforded the chance to experience and learn these core values regardless of gender, ethnicity or financial standing and to ensure that these core values are taught in a safe and positive manner from coaches and leagues who believe in these values!
DUE TO CONSTANT FUNDING AND VOLUNTEERING ISSUES OVER THE PAST SEVERAL YEARS WE HAVE LIMITED OUR PROGRAMS TO FREE SPORTS PHYSICALS ONLY. WE A DEEPLY SADDENED BY THIS AND HOPE TO REIMPLEMENT PROGRAMS LIKE OUR NO YOUTH ATHLETE LEFT BEHIND PROGRAM AND SPARK YOUTH SPORTS PROGRAM IN THE FUTURE!
Positive And Safe Sports (P.A.S.S.) Initiative
The goal of this program is to ensure that parents, coaches and athletes are given the proper tools to provide our youth with a positive and safe sports experience. From positive sports tips to the awareness and prevention of serious sports injuries in youth athletics we can help to keep our children active for life!
A number of issues face our youth sports community everyday and many of those issues can be taken care of by the continuious spreading of information on the benefits of sports, proper youth sports development and risk prevention. Issues such as Positive Sports, Overuse Injuries, Nutrition, Bullying, Concussion's, Heat Illness, MRSA and much more are covered in a variety of outreach programs geared towards various organizations...
This Initiative Features Several Programs:
- Positive Sports - Enjoy the Game! Parents, athletes and coaches can find information on having or providing a positive environments in local youth sports.
- Safe Sports - Sports Safety Awareness & Prevention. Parents, athletes and coach will find a wide-variety of sports safety issues that affect our local youth sports community and information on how to recognize and prevent them from happening or getting worst.
- Game-Saver Program - CPR, AED & First Aid Training, Sports Physicals, Heart Screenings and Concussion Readiness. Sudden Cardiac Arrest is the #1 cause of death in youth athletes! Prevention, Awareness, Readiness is what this program focuses on! Under this program you will find programming that provides affordable CPR, AED, First Aid Certification for specifically for youth sport organizations. There is also programming to provide student athletes with training in Hands-Only CPR and AED Basics. We also an AED Loaner Program so local sports organizations can have an A.E.D. on-hand and we are working on a High School Athlete Program.
It also provides youth athletes with free Sports Physicals, Heart Screenings using ECG/Echocardiograms, Baseline (Pre-Concussion) testing and several other things.
- P.A.S.S. Community Outreach - Spreading the Message! We take a proactive approach that takes us out to local sports teams, leagues, schools and community events where we interactively speak with parents and kids about positive and safe sports awareness and prevention.
- P.A.S.S. Coach Association - Ensuring Proper Experience's. PASS Coach Association coaches are coaches who have met a certain standard as set forth by LVSF. It ensures that the coaches coaching our kids have the training and tools needed to make the best of our children's sports experience's. Coaches must abide by a strict Code of Ethic; Are Members of a National Coaching Program; Recieve Verified Background Checks Every Two Years; are Certified in CPR, AED & First Aid; Must Complete an All-Inclusive Sports Safety Training Course; and complete at least 1 of 3 Positive Coaching Courses.
- P.A.S.S. Youth Sports Organizations - Local Organizations Ensuring the Safety of Our Children. PASS Youth Sports Organizations are organizations that follow by certain set of standards outlined by LVSF to ensure that our kids are in a positive and safe environment. These organizations have coaches in our P.A.S.S. Coach Association; Require Yearly Sports Physicals; Take part in our Game-Saver Hands-Only CPR program for youth athletes; and more... These organization's also have access to our A.E.D. Loaner Program...